Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First Letter From Olney Area

Hey Fam, July 9, 2008

Hey i'm here yeah, its been so great so far. We landed then went to the temple and reported to God what we were doing, that we got in safe and we told him what our mission goals were it was very exciting and spiritual.
Then we went back to the mission home and everyone took a nap. After that we ate dinner, it was so good and so filling we had brisket and mashed potatoes, and corn and green beans and rolls with home made strawberry jam. I loved it!
After that we did some training, then some more training then we played a game of around the world ping pong! I loved it I miss playing ping pong. After that we did some more training during training we met with the mission president. President Mansell is the coolest President in the whole world. He is funny and kind and serious about the work. So we did a little role playing then ate dessert it was tasty. Then had a testimony meeting it was so cool! The spirit was so strong I loved it.
In the moring we went to the temple visitors center and we had a meeting where I said goodbye to Elder Hall. Who was a great companion he always made me laugh so that was nice. My trainer has been out four months and his name is Elder Brooke he is so awesome. After that we went through the temple. It is so tall! It is the prettiest celestial room ever, I'm pretty sure the Best temple in the nation! After that we got my luggage and went to our apartment. Its a nice place I liked it and then we went to the library to write this email. I'm excited to get to work we only have 3 families and they aren't really intrested so pray that we will meet people. I can't wait to find new people our goal is to get a baptism by the end of the transfer we will do it!
Personal Insight of the week. Bear your testimony often. I finally realized by bearing your testimony often strengthens your testimony every time you bear witness of the truthfulness of this gospel you recieve a witness of the truth. SO STRENGTHEN your testimony and bear your testimony at every chance you get.
Love you all! bye.

No comments: