Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Chat with Elder Ammon Medina

This entry is an entry from one day that I sent Ammon a note and just mentioned in it how awesome I thought he was, I am the mom and a bit biased, but really he is I think. Here is his reply, I wanted to share it with everyone (he didn't know I was going to) because it made me cry, again probably because I am the mom. It just shows to me how much he has grown and what he has gained so far from his mission and his service. His head and heart are in the right spot. Oh, it starts out with what he needs some specific prayers on, I asked him what HE needed as I felt I was just praying for general things.

Here is what I wrote:
"give me something specific to pray about for you, I feel like I am just offering a general prayer in your behalf and want to be more specific. YOU sound like you are flying high and loving every minute, your blessings are coming to light, you are doing well and blessing others around you. You are an amazing person, I always knew it."

His Reply:
"You can pray for me to be more focused. The truth is i'm not an amazing person. I have many inadaquacies (including spelling ha ha) i have many short comings. I am weak and frail. The only reason i'm having succes is through the atonement and turning to the Lord. Through our Savoir Jesus Christ all my short comings are long enough all my inadequacies are adequate, through my God i am strong and unwavering. I am a simple person but through my Redeemer great things can come about through me i'm merely a tool that has many weak points that the Lord knows how to use."

See wasn't that worth sharing?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my goodness, Eve. He sounds so grown up and mature! I mean, he's always seemed mature for his age, but holy cow! What a great experience this is for him. I'm so glad. I got your message the other day. I'm sorry I haven't called back! I've been kinda sick. But I'll call soon. I'm having a b-day party for Reg and Cole on Monday. Love for you to come!

Deridee said...

What a wonderful letter from your son! What a great testimony! My son is Elder Brooks. He forwarded this blog to me and I have cried but enjoyed reading it so much. I am thankful that our sons are together---working so hard. I am grateful for the gospel. Love,Deridee
Derideeb@yahoo.com